Like most websites, we use some cookies. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They’re used for many things, such as remembering whether you’ve visited the site before, so that you remain logged in – or to help us work out how many visitors we get on the site over a given period of time. These cookies contain information about the use of your computer but they don’t include personal information about you.
What Cookies do we use?
- Session Cookies As you travel around our site, there are times when we need to remember technical information about you as you go from page to page. We use this technical information in many ways to enhance your user experience. This cookie contains no personally identifiable information and only stays in place until you end your session (usually when you leave our site.)
- We use web analytics services to recognise your browser or device and, for example, to identify whether you have visited specific services we offer previously. This information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes. It allows us to track information, such as how many individual users we have and how often they visit our website
- Persistent or Login Session Cookie When you log into a restricted area, we may set a cookie on your PC, to remember your login details. This can be used for your convenience so that on subsequent visits, you aren’t required to provide the entire login information again. This cookie will remain on your computer indefinitely, even after you leave our site.
Controlling your cookies
Managing cookies in your browser
Most current browsers allow you:
- Block third party cookies
- Block cookies from particular sites
- See what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis
- Block all cookies from being set
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that you will lose any preferences if you delete cookies, which includes where you have opted out from cookies (as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set !). In additional if you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our Online Services for these reasons.
Find out more about how to manage your cookies for each of the browsers below: